Pediatric Physical Therapy
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Megan Perhach, PT at (805) 226-0975 or by cell phone at (805) 286-8949. She may also be reach via email@example.com.
Physical Therapy is a health profession developed to help people with coordination, mobility, strengthening, pain management and endurance. The ultimate goal of physical therapy is to restore the patient to their previous level of function.
Techniques used in pediatric physical therapy include:
NOTE: A physician referral is required to access our services. Please contact your doctor for a referral to San Luis Sports Therapy and Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Megan Perhach is a physical therapist specializing in pediatrics. She attended Chapman University in Orange, CA and graduated with her doctorate of physical therapy in 2004. She spent 2 years working with California Children Services in San Diego, CA. She moved to the central coast in 2007 where she spent a year and a half working in Early Intervention in San Luis Obispo County. She then joined San Luis Sports Therapy in Paso Robles in January 2009. She has experience in various areas of pediatric physical therapy including treating diagnoses such as cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, post orthopedic surgery, developmental delay, torticollis, and Down Syndrome.
POSSIBLE REASONS FOR REFERRAL
- Joint pain/back pain due to obesity, back pack use, injury, weakness, etc.
- Developmental Delay due to an underlying condition or prematurity
- Prematurity: PT screen or parent education
- Contractures or decreased range of motion.
- Post trauma/post surgical
- Abnormal gait or lack of coordination/balance
HOW TO REFER A PATIENT TO SAN LUIS SPORTS THERAPY
- Fill out the referral form and under “comments” please specify pediatrics and describe child’s condition.
- Fax the form to the Paso Robles office at 226-0909. If you have questions, call us at 226-0975
- Our office staff with handle obtaining prior authorization for the initial evaluation and proceeding treatments. We will contact you if there are any problems
INSURANCES WE ACCEPT
We accept all insurance with the exception of MediCal
We do not contract with Blue Cross HMO with SLO Select IPA although they may authorize treatment if there are no other pediatric physical therapy providers.
(*Note: we accept Healthy Families)
Although you do not need an ICD-9 code/diagnosis to refer a child to physical therapy here are a few that we may use for a child that does not seem to fit a traditional diagnosis.
|781.92||Abnormal Posture||754.61||Congenital Weakness|
|781.2||Abnormality of Gait||779.89||Newborn Muscle Weakness|
|719.7||Difficulty in Walking|
|781.3||Lack of Coordination|